The Chair for Digital Additive Production offers students the opportunity to attend AM lectures in a variety of Master's programs. This offer will be available from winter semester 2018.
The lecture describes the basics of additive manufacturing processes as well as their fields of application and potentials. The lecture is structured according to the digital and physical process chain of additive manufacturing. The teaching languages are German and English. After the lecture the students will be familiar with the following topics:
- Basic AM processes, their properties and application as well as current development trends
- Possibilities and limits of technology
- Key factors influencing the economic application of the technology
- General design rules for AM-compliant production
- Relevant post-processing procedures that follow the actual production process
- Challenges and strategies associated with product liability and the question of the intellectual property of additively manufactured components.
This offer will be extended by further lectures in the coming years.